Thursday, December 23, 2010

All About Tradition

Oh how I love Christmas :) and it's less than 12 hours away.

We have quite a few traditions in my family...
Christmas Morning routine:
Dad comes and wakes me up and tells me Merry Christmas. Mom and I get up and take showers and make our coffee. Mom sits in the recliner, dad on the couch, and I still have my spot on the floor by the tree :) Presents get opened, pictures are taken, and then Grandmama comes over to see what we all got.

Christmas Afternoon:
My mom's side of the family comes over...all 22 of them. We have a wonderful lunch and open presents a family at a time.

Christmas Night:
We walk across the yard to my grandmama's house and enjoy a delicious dinner and more present opening.

The day is full of love, family, gifts, pictures, and laughs. But I'm adding one more thing to the schedule this year....reading the Christmas story.

I want the true reason for the season to be fresh on my own mind along with my family's. The Child of Light, Love, and Eternal life was given to us as the ultimate Gift, and our joy and thanks should be centered around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment