Sunday, March 27, 2011

Patience Leads to Providence

God's Providence
Something I've been learning a lot about lately. Seeing results for what I do is something that I find my joy in. Finding myself dependent on those results is what I've been convicted of. That dependence quickly leads to not trusting God's plan and relying on your own to suffice. Well, saying and typing it I know that statement is false. But living it, that's the hard part. But through my weakness (which is obviously needing to be in control), He has shown me His perfect power. There have been so many situations in the last month that I've felt the need to control (and for some reason I thought I had that kind of power). I can only imagine has frustrated God is getting with me. That's why He's done what He has to teach me what His providence is all about. It's about being Abraham and leaving everything, knowing there's a journey ahead but not knowing the destination. It's about being Ruth, who left everything she knew to be with Naomi in a country she was a foreigner in. It's about being Paul, who dropped everything to spread the name of Jesus' not knowing he would write the majority of his letters to us sitting in a prison cell because of his love for God.

I love what He's showing me. I love what He's revealing about my heart. I can't wait to see His plan by using me to further glorify His name. In the end, that's ultimately our job...to glorify Him.

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."  -Psalm 115:1

No comments:

Post a Comment