Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Social Networks and Jiffy Extra Crunchy

So today is the beginning of Lent. I've been thinking about what I'm spending too much time doing that I could instead replace with spending some time with God or serving Him in some way. My verdict: Facebook and peanut butter. I've come to the conclusion that I check Facebook at least 8-10 times a day. A little excessive? I believe so. So, instead of entirely cutting it out of my life I'm going to limit myself to checking it once a day for a max of 30 minutes. 

So Facebook is my #1. My second is more to work on self-discipline rather than allowing more time for God. But I'm giving up peanut butter. BIG step for me. I love peanut butter and eating it on everything. Not having Jiffy extra-crunchy for 40 days is going to be a big test of discipline. Hah, that statement makes me sound so pitiful. But unfortunately, it's true.

So there you have it. My givings-up for Lent. Hold me accountable, please.

One more thing, I love the new Starbucks logo. Yes, I do notice things like that. I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks in Chesterfield, Va enjoying the environment of the coffee-filled aroma and smiles of all the cups and people in the room. It's one of my favorite places to sit, blog, and attempt to do some homework. 


Since this post isn't as "Jesus-centered" as my others, I'll add in a verse that I've been meditating on all week...and maybe you can slip on over to a Starbucks, check out the new logo on your cup and meditate on it as well :)

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment