Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Saturated with my Savior

If you read my blog while I was in Australia, this post will make perfect sense to you. If you answered no to the previous sentence....see my "I'm Sorry" post from July.

The "I'm Sorry" outreach that we did in Australia became a reality today at JMU. We saw so much fruit from it in Australia that we knew God wanted it to happen here at JMU as well.This was my prayer today (best stated directly from my journal):

I pray for this campus, for the lost souls of students and faculty and for the hearts behind the hands holding the signs.

Don't let fear creep in. We are David, the Truth written on our signs and in our hearts is the rock and sling, Satan trying to tear us down with persecution is Goliath.

"You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." -1 Samuel 17:45

Goliath comes at David with insults of how insignificant he was; how weak he was and the lack of power or strength to even stand a chance against a 9 foot giant. David realized his significant lack of strength (and height) compared to his competition. He was completely aware of the situation, that's why he was so confident. His confident is in his Lord.

What does this show? One single pebble was used to take down Goliath. One. Little. Rock. This is a clear depiction that God does not require human strength in order to accomplish His purposes. He made the weapon of choice so insignificant so that His Significance was the only thing seen.

Today we are called to be humble, to be just like David. We must realize that our self is worthless in fighting the lies and step aside to let the Lord's power explode in the lives of the students and faculty today.
{We are nothing apart from Christ.}

Today was saturated with God, and I liked it. 
6:30am Morning Prayer with some of my favorite people.
Heart-preparing quiet time.
I'm Sorry Outreach.
Prayer Walk around campus.
Legit bible study.

This campus is being prayed for. God is stirring in hearts. People are becoming curious. Satan's getting nervous. God is about to do work at JMU.

No comments:

Post a Comment