Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Two Truths and a Lie

God should fix my problems. Lie.

God wants to use my problems as a part of His sanctifying process in my life. Truth.
No matter what problem I am facing, God's grace is sufficient for me. Truth.

"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." -Job 23:10

"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
-2 Corinthians 12:7-10

We CANNOT expect God to fix our problems. Life is hard, we're going to have to deal with it. 
We cannot judge God through the lens of our circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated this blog entry. You are such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete