Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Not the usual.

After reading Psalm 30 this morning, I had a major desire to just start writing. The result was a poem...not my usual writing style, but we'll go with it. 
Confession: I got my friend Amy to read it before I posted it just to make sure it didn't sound ridiculously corny. She gave me an all clear, so here it goes.

I don't know what my life has in store
"Just wait," You say, "and I'll give you more."
My patience almost always runs thin,
And I find myself asking for forgiveness again.
But that's the beauty of Your grace, 
It's the reason why You came and took my place.
Your daughter, the one who was entangled in pride and lust
Was saved because she found the One that she could trust.
Her wailing turned into dancing and praise
All because of Your power to raise
The Savior to prove the You are true.
My God, this world needs You.
My sackcloth was replaced with joy and peace
Knowing your love for me will never cease.
This I promise: I will not be silent about You
Because You, my God, make all things new.
Regardless of past, present or future mistakes
You will always do whatever it takes
To remind us of our eternal security,
The gift of cleansed hands and a renewed purity.

The verses that really captured my heart this morning were verses 11 and 12:
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment