Saturday, July 10, 2010

C for Christ, Not Casey

My first post.

First off, it took me about 15 minutes to decide on a name for my blog, so I knew for my first post I would be clueless. Well thanks to Peter Jones, that wasn't the case.

We tend to think we have control of our lives. Sometimes, we even think we are in complete control. But over the past few months, I have been shown otherwise...

I had my life planned out (well, for the most part). I knew what I wanted to do with my life and I was almost positive I knew how to get it. What I didn't know was that God also had a plan for my life, and He also knew how I was going to get there. The problem was, those two plans were totally different.
God had to do some serious intervention in my life for me to realize His plan was probably the better one. I'm going to be honest, my stubbornness and pride tried to fight it for a while, but of course, God's way is always the right way.

The past few months have been filled with trials, temptations, and of course some doubt. I started this rough patch of my life by asking, "Why? Why me?" and then soon found out I should be asking, "How can you use me?" Once the whole pride thing got put away, I realized how much easier it was to obey what God wanted me to do (complain-free) and know that He's got everything taken care of.

So the point of this post comes out of the title. This thing called life, it's not about us at all. It's not how we want it or what we think should happen. This is God's world, He made us, and we should listen to Him.

"Next to faith this is the highest art -- to be content with the calling in which God has placed you." -Martin Luther

Going through this tuffle (I may have just made up that word), a familiar verse kept running through my head...
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11


I honestly don't know what this blog has in store, but I know I was listening to God when I felt the need to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment