Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today is a Good Day

Getting baptized today! I'm super stoked about that :) God had put this on my heart about 6 months ago, and I knew it was something I needed to do. Not only to show the world that I'm a child of God, but also out of obedience to Him.

My best friend Emma is coming to share this wonderful day with me. Again I say, Thanks God, for Emma Dollings.

Another thing about this baptism that means so much to me is that I have the privelege of being baptized by Alan DeFriese, one of the biggest role models in my life, and someone who has taught me so much about myself and about God in the past 2 years.

Not only am I getting baptized today, I also leave for Camp Open Arms, a Christian camp reaching out to a community of kids. It's the first time I'm going to be in a "leadership" role, but I seriously can't wait to meet these wonderful kids and have the opportunity to tell them the best news ever! Telling a child who may have had a rough childhood and just thinks that life is no fun, that there is someone who wants to love them and cares about them unconditionally is going to be pretty legit. I can't wait to share all I possibly can with these kids. God is putting them in my life for a reason these next 2 weeks, and it's my job to make sure they know who He is before they leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment