Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seizing the Opportunities

Looking back on a conversation or situation, 75% of the time I wish I had said/done something differently. Not because I handled it wrong, but because it could have opened up an opportunity.

Working at a roadside cafe, you wouldn't think many opportunities to share the gospel would reveal themselves. That was my mindset at least, and to the naked eye, it for the most part is true. But then when one does show itself and I do see it and act on it...it's like God slapped me in the face and said, "See Casey, you could be doing this every day. You just need to look for the open opportunities."

Over the past few days I've gotten into a spiritual conversation with at least one customer (now I know you're thinking, just one? But hence..."roadside" cafe, business isn't "hoppin"). So God, thanks for opening my eyes...even if it did take a slap in the face.
I do want to add that the point of this blog is to 1) keep my friends up-to-date with important insights God is showing me in my life, 2) possibly witnessing to friends that don't know God on a personal level, and 3) to show that God is complete control and He knows what is best for us :)


-and yes, the picture above is in fact my place of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment