Monday, September 20, 2010

Captivated by Grace

I have recently kept myself from setting goals for myself simply because I focus so much on accomplishing them MY way and leave no room for God to work.

But I'm going to make an exception...mostly because this goal is aimed at realizing and loving God that much more. I have been challenged by my amazing discipler, Kristin McGregor, to focus this week on ways God has "freely given me his glorious grace." - Eph. 1:6

It has been on my heart the past few weeks to start prioritizing my life; figuring out what is important and what can go. I figured doing this will not only help me with time management (which is a college students biggest stress - mine at least) but it will also cut out things in my life and make room for more time to spend with God, love and witness to others, and serve at Aletheia and CRU wherever God calls me to.
Being able to see how much grace I receive on a daily basis will make it that much easier to worship and glorify my amazing Father. When we are caught up in our daily schedules, it's so easy to forget how blessed and LUCKY we are. And because we fail to see that, we are caught worrying about things that are unnecessary anxieties. God wants us to worship him continually throughout the day...that way, we have less time to worry, fear and doubt.

Jesus teaches us in Matthew about worrying - the point he makes is...to not do it.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-Matthew 6: 25-27,33-34

Captivate us, Lord Jesus
Set our eyes on You
Devastate us with Your presence
Falling down
And rushing river, draw us nearer
Holy fountain consume us with You
Captivate us Lord Jesus, with You -Watermark (Captivate Us)

No comments:

Post a Comment