Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks Where It's Due

Being thankful is truly an understatement.

I take for granted the things God has blessed me with on a regular basis. I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend how blessed I am. A New Year's resolution is starting early for me...giving thanks on a daily basis. Throughout the day today, I made a list of the things I take for granted.

God's grace. Family. My best friend. The support I'm surrounded with. Love. Trials. God's blessings. The little things. A house. Food.

The list does continue, I have it written in my journal...but hopefully the point was made. I read the book "The Hole in Our Gospel" this past summer and today I read some again...realizing how much I have in comparison to the majority of the world. So many live in poverty and starvation and here I am worrying that I'm eating TOO much. Something's wrong with that picture.

Realizing how thankful you are makes you see how little others have.


No comments:

Post a Comment