Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Parent at 19

Being 19, I would never think I would be saying, "I'm a proud parent."

Last night I made the decision of sponsoring a young girl currently living in Uganda. Lydia is 5 years old, has 7 other siblings and is currently not in school. She stays home and helps her mom with housework. It was a blessing to hear she was in good health, but because her family is living in such poverty that could very quickly change. She is a beautiful little girl and I am so thankful God gave me the heart to sponsor her. She has so little, and I have so much. I want to make that scale as equal as I can with God being in the center. My best friend Emma and I are doing this together, and it's just another reason I can add to my list as to why she is such a blessing in my life :) She is eager to help me support Lydia, to love her and to show her the light of the gospel.


This is Lydia, Emma and I's beautiful little love child :)

No comments:

Post a Comment