Sunday, December 05, 2010

Slap in the face.

I often find myself underestimating what God can do. I doubt His ability to answer my prayers, especially those that I tend to doubt myself. I guess that why's He's awesome and I'm not.

My cousin, who I consider my brother, has a roller coaster ride of medical problems in the last 2 years. His back has been bothering in an extremely painful way. He's spent his sophomore year of college in doctor's offices, therapy, and sitting in bed because of the pain. I pray for Him daily. Not just for healing of his back, but for him to see that God can heal more than his physical pain. He can transform his live into something he's never experienced.

This Tuesday, my cousin is going into surgery. 4 screws, 2 metal rods, and a fake disk are all going to be put in his spine. For a 19 year old, that's evasive...and scary. He asked me yesterday that if I had time to send some encouraging verses his way. BAMM.

That was God slapping me in the face for giving up hope in him (him being my cousin and in God). It was a slap much needed.

So anyone reading this, pray for my cousin. For a successful, painless surgery. For a complete recovery. And for his love and faith for God to increase and sustain him.

No comments:

Post a Comment