Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Opportunities and New Albums

Does God think I'm ready? Do I think I'm ready?

Those two questions have been on repeat in my mind the last 2 days. I was offered a position that requires responsibility, leadership, and faith. Was I happy that I was asked? Of course. But after the initial excitement, those two questions suddenly surfaced.

Responsibility isn't my main concern. I'm an overall pretty responsible person, or least I tell myself I am. And the faith part is for the most part solid. I have learned from experience and continue to see that one's faith can cause the unthinkable to happen. The word leadership, that's what gets me.

"A Christian leader is first and foremost a servant, a slave. They don't lead with words, they lead by example."

Do I meet this criteria? Only God knows, and only He will decide. Praying and seeking is pretty much what I can do.

Two more "news" occurred today...
1) NEW Chris Tomlin album came out - it is absolutely amazing!!!!
2) NEW Glee Christmas album came out - also amazing :)

Chris Tomlin is a "I love God so much" type of amazing and Glee is a "book in one hand, chai tea latte in the other, sitting in front of a fireplace" type of amazing.

One more new that can be added to the list...a NEW read. Radical by David Platt. I'm starting it tonight. Pretty stoked. I've heard some wonderful things about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment