Sunday, November 07, 2010

Inspiration From A Stranger

Do You Love More More than this Hurts

I was having a rough time
My problems were weighing heavily on my mind

I felt crowded, I wanted a place to run away and hide
I felt like I was choking from swallowing my pride

I didn't do as Ephesians 6:14, "Stand having your Loins About Your Girt"
When a Loving Voice asked me, "Do you Love Me More than this Hurts?"

I thought about it and thought about it for awhile
Again the Voice spoke and said, "Answer Me, My Child"

I said, "Yes Lord, yes I really do."
He said, "Trust Me, Praise Me, and this I'll bring you through."

"I know how much you're suffering; I know how much you've lost"
"Even though it hurt Me, I still went to the Cross."

Then I stood back and took a good look at myself
I should have been doing for others, but now I needed help

By looking at me you'd never know, that a Mighty God we serve
I had really gotten out of His Will, really gotten out of His Word

By looking at me and talking to me
You would have never known we have the Victory

So right then and there I got myself together and with the Word I make my attack.
All satan took from me in the Name of Jesus I took it back.

For all the things he had taken I didn't put up a real fight
I was looking at the problem, didn't use my Faith but my sight

If you have a problem, it sometimes will bring pain to the heart and flesh
Don't give up! Continue in Jesus to do your best

Stand on His Word and Trust Him for in Him we still have much work.
For you alone can answer the question:
Do you Love Me More than this Hurts?


This beautiful poem is from the pen of one of His children, Miss. Hatton. I was blessed to meet her last night at the banquet I attended. She introduced herself, and not long after, handed me this poem and told me she wanted me to have this.

This poem shares the gospel in such a unique way. It brings to light the ultimate power God has over us, what He can do, and what He can mold us into. We can't live without Jesus and His unending grace. It's impossible. Accepting that is the first step...realizing that we, as humans, are completely incapable of doing "life" on our own. We have sinned. We are broken. We are filthy. We have nothing. We realize we are worthless and we ask for His forgiveness -- we repent. The second part...believing what Jesus Christ did for us on that cross, is where faith comes into play. Those nails were nailed through his hands and feet for a reason. Just like all of those slanderous comments, a beating that most can't even imagine, betrayal from his closest friends, and loneliness. It was planned for a reason. That reason was us. Saving us from what we deserve...death. He took our place, and He did it flawlessly.

If you can accept, repent, and believe and are willing to spend the rest of your life doing so...then God is standing with arms outstretched saying, "Welcome home."

No comments:

Post a Comment