Thursday, December 09, 2010

Always isn't Sometimes

Some things are going on in my life that are sending questions through my head. Questions that I'm not sure I know the answer to. It has convicted to me to check my heart and prepare it accordingly.

Am I prepared to rejoice regardless of what God has me do?
Will my faith sustain me when He decides a test is in order?

I wonder these things because I honestly don't know. Will I be just as happy at home this summer as I would be in Australia?
-my answer: idk
-the right answer: yes. The action of reaching out and witnessing is what should bring this joy, not the place where it is being done.

So getting from point A (my answer) to point B (God's answer) is my current transition. Preparing my heart regardless of what happens and where I go. And assuring myself that wherever I end up is where God sees I can be the most beneficial. It's easy to write/type, but applying it is a tricky one.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Phil 4:4

Always means all the time; no matter what.
Not...sometimes; if it fits my schedule; if I'm having a good day; if I feel blessed or rewarded.

Always means Always
Which leads me to yet another dilemma I'm currently working through...
CHEMISTRY.
I will admit, I've never done this bad in any class in my life. Having a failing grade at the moment is doing a good job at allowing me to be full of joy. I study. I try. I fail. That's the pattern I've seen this semester. But then I read Philippians 4:4....REJOICE. Hard stuff.

So this is my new motto: It's school. So what? Nbd. Life goes on.

To end things on an uplifting note...yesterday I spent 4 hours with Amy studying/eating at Panera :) Great fun. Good conversations. A lot of work was accomplished. Ran into some friends. Was distracted by others conversations. All in all, a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment