Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cracked Like An Egg

Tonight is the Sunday before finals. Me, along with 4 of my suitemates/best friends are spread out between rooms and the common room...studying. It's been a long day, that's for sure. But unfortunately, I can't use that as an excuse. When dinner time rolled around so did a little attitude. I became super short-tempered with the girls and was really rude. Dinner was eaten in almost silence. After dinner, I sat with Amy in the common room and I just felt it bubbling up inside of me, I couldn't stand it. I was getting mad at them...for a reason I don't even know. I set my books down. Went into my room. Closed the door. And cried. Cried because I saw how selfish I was being. How I didn't feel like loving them, so I got angry instead. I got my bible and flipped to the first verses about love and friendship I could think of. The first was Proverbs 17. "A friend loves at all times". Crack. Then on to 1 John 3 and 4. Long story short, I was told that I was committing murder. Cracked.

I'm sorry. I let Satan get the best of me. I asked for forgiveness. I prayed asking God to take this awful feeling out of my heart and restore me with peace and joy. This is a prime example of me taking advantage of the amazing sisters God has blessed me with. One of my main prayers a year ago was for God to surround me with some amazing women who would encourage and love me. I got what I asked for, and now I'm complaining again.
I'm greedy. I'm selfish. I'm sorry.


These girls are amazing, and I thank God for them everyday. Satan is such a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment