Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year. New Life. New Love

I'd have to say that 2010 was quite a year for me. Describing it in a few words is virtually impossible. Looking back to this time last year and comparing myself to that person makes me say, "Woah God. Good work"

To help you try to understand how I see it, here's a brief description of me a year ago:
I was certain I was going to graduate, go to grad school and become an OT. I was relying on people/a person for my satisfaction (NOT GOD). My dependence was in a relationship that wasn't glorifying God. I was lacking best friends. My focus on grades was causing stress. I threw money around like I had an infinite amount.
Summary: My vision was blurry.

Who I am/think I am now:
Being an OT is not how I see me spending my life. I'm single and depending on God for my satisfaction. I have so many "best" friends. School no longer stresses me out. I am VERY conscious on how I spend my money (primarily b/c of the lack thereof). I sponsor a beautiful 5 year old girl in Uganda. I believe God is calling me into ministry/missions full time.
Summary: God has given me a pretty sweet pair of glasses.

Radiate couldn't have been a more perfect way to end the year. Some experiences from this past week have given me a new outlook/reason for life. I yearn to seek more, to give more, to sacrifice more, to love more, and to praise more. I went to the conference with some worries (which at the time I thought were a pretty big deal) and were stressing me out. I asked God to fix this anyway He could through this conference. And like always...He followed through.

John/Johnny/"Talisman"/homeless guy --> he hit me the hardest.
The few possessions he had, the absence of a home, of family or money made my selfishness and greediness become quite evident. Standing on the streets of Baltimore in my designer clothes, money in my wallet, a 5 star hotel waiting my return, a family back home that loves me unconditionally and a college education...I felt like I was about as big as an ant. An ant who had just been squished under a foot of reality. My problems and worries that I brought with me to Radiate in hopes that God would mend were, at that moment, completely erased. I said to myself, with tears welling up in my eyes while I listened to John talk..."If he can stand here with nothing and have so much joy and a continual smile on his face, then these petty worries of mine are something God can clearly handle."

2010 was quite a roller coaster for me. A ride full of learning, growing, submission, waiting, praying, and TRUSTING.

New Years Resolution: Living out God's Will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment