Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Love: the Corinthian Way, not the Casey Way

The more I try to love like God, the more I see how difficult it really is. Loving on people who don't know Jesus is what God wants from us most, but it's also a lot harder. Family is what I've found the most difficult. You feel so comfortable around them, so it's a lot easier to get mad at them. You know they love you, so it doesn't really matter what you do or say because you know they'll always take you back. They're family, that's what they do. That was mindset at least. But that's not the case at all. We should love on our family more than anything, ESPECIALLY if they don't know Jesus. Not loving them shows a false representation of Jesus and what He's all about, Love. Conviction about this has really hit me hard. I want more than anything to see them in Heaven...so I need to do my part to make sure they get there.

You love like no one else I know
In love with me even though
I don't love you like I should
Oh God your so good

Your Spirit is alive in me
Its showing me how to be
Its showing me how to love
Taking my breath away
Gave it a home

You speak to me in falling leaves
Like wind that blows through the trees
And I can feel the start
Of you breaking my heart

Your love is shaking me

My heart is breaking free....

What I need to realize most: The more rejected I am, the more love I should dispel. Family is one of Satan's most vital (and effective) tools at bringing a Christian down.

This is a lot easier to type than it is to do. I'm currently in a situation like I am describing. Writing out my feelings may not be the best way, but it does help...and so does praying. (and running) which is what I'm about to do.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not rejoice in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment