Monday, January 10, 2011

There's No I in Holy

It's easy to forget why I'm at college. Classes do a great job at hindering that. I have to remind myself daily that I am not here for me (though most of the time I think that's the case). I'm here to be a light on this desperate, dark campus of JMU. Keeping that true in my life is very, very challenging. I want so much to glorify God in all I do, but it's so easy for Satan to sneak the "selfish" card in the deck and before I can consciously realize it...I'm worrying about ME again. My classes, my schedule, my lack of time, my worries...the list goes on, but I think you get the point.

My quiet time today is what encouraged this post. I read the first 2 chapters of 1 Peter and what God revealed to me was:
There is a living Hope for living Holy.

These chapters talk about the trials a Christian will face because of their belief and how amazingly powerful the results are when that Christian reacts in a holy and submissive way. The actions of a Christian are so much more effective than mere words.

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." -1 Peter 1:11-12



No comments:

Post a Comment