Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seeking.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men?" -Galatians 1:10

This is the question that Paul asked in A.D. 55. It was echoed this morning by Paul Fiske at Aletheia.
Knowing that my intentions are not always focused on glorifying God makes me that much more thankful for the bountiful and unending grace I have been given. Trying to please this world means that I am trying to conform to this world. God calls us to be different, to be "aliens." This is something I'm still learning, and I honestly don't know if I'll ever fully get. But because God knows that I struggle/will continue to struggle with it, He created a way for us to be loved regardless.

He laid in the ground, and we got His crown.

He knew we couldn't do it on our own. There is nothing in us that can reconcile us for what we've done and continue to do. 
"I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ." -Galatians 1:12

No man can open our eyes to the truth about Jesus. Men can give us facts. But only Jesus can give us faith.

Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven. It's what we're called to do. No where does it say, Seek the approval of your fellow man.

So continuing with the topic of an amazing morning...Aletheia's new cd released this morning is incredible! I've had the cd for about 5 hours now and I have already listened to the entire thing...3 times. A little ridiculous you may think, but if you heard the lyrics, you will know why. Every song introduces more and more truth about Jesus and His character, and I just can't seem to get enough. 




Seeking what God wants requires us to die to ourselves and live for Him, despite the suffering that may cause us. He suffered for us when He didn't have to, we should suffer for Him because we want to.

"For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him." -Philippians 1:29

No comments:

Post a Comment