Monday, February 07, 2011

Remember When

Titus 3
Remember to be obedient. (1-2)
Remember what I used to be. (3)
Remember the salvation of God. (4-8)
Remember to stay focused. (9-11)

I often think that reading the gospels aren't what God wants me to focus on during my quiet times. My thought: "I know it well enough. There are other books in the Bible that I haven't even looked at."

Sitting in my bed just now, I grabbed my Bible and flipped to Titus. Why, I'm not real sure. But I know I had only ever heard one sermon preached out of Titus and I didn't really know what Titus was all about. 

So you know how I said that I wanted to read something other than the gospel...well, God had other plans. I flipped open Titus and started reading. The first 2 chapters are about leadership and living right in the church. Great stuff. Then SMACK. Hey there chapter 3. What do you know? It was the gospel. It was a reminder God saw that I needed.

One of my most fervent prayers lately have been that God ignite my heart. In a way that I can't contain my joy for Him, despite any circumstance. He gave me that joy today through this reminder. Though my "old self" was only 2 years ago, it feels like such a long time ago. Looking back on how He transformed who I was then to who I am now is the best reminder of how absolutely gracious and loving He is.

Thanks for the reminder.

On a lighter note, and because I want to include it without having 2 posts today...this joy that God gave me today, it completely wiped away my disappoint from last night's game. Love my Steelers.
My defeat. 31 pushups for the Packers.

No comments:

Post a Comment