Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Pieces Fall Into Place

This morning at Aletheia was God leading me right to the answers of my prayers these last few weeks. I want to know His love, I mean really know it. The words on the pages are one thing, but it's not until those words are read in my heart that I truly embrace every detail. This morning, that's what happened. Paul took us to the story of Nicodemus this morning in John 3. Every time I heard the name Nicodemus this morning, I could replace my name with his and find the statement to be true. This especially...
"Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." -John 3:2

By reading and hearing about Jesus for the majority of my life, I know that He is a great teacher, that He was an extraordinary man. But that's when there's more to it. Satan himself knew Jesus was an extraordinary man. It's knowing what's not seen externally that really mattered to Jesus. His miracles, His parables...they were all wonderful and full of so much Truth. But what Jesus wants us to know is, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." -verse 3

Knowing that Jesus was amazing is one thing, but it's knowing why that's worth His blood. This is something I have been praying to see...why Jesus came, why He loved us so much, why He did the things He did while He walked on this earth. Understanding that will allow me to fully live out the life God has planned for me: loving people like Jesus loved, serving like Jesus served, sacrificing like Jesus sacrificed, and trusting like Jesus trusted. It's all one big puzzle, once you get the outside border figured out...all the inside pieces are so much easier to fit into place. 


I really liked this quote Paul said this morning about the Holy Spirit...
"we won't always see the path, but we always see the evidence."
God's plan for our lives may been invisible to us right now, but each step we take we can look back and be guaranteed that we see the footprint of Him right behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment