Friday, April 15, 2011

Sophomoritis?

When things get hard, our first instincts is to run and hide...to just give up. Giving up admits defeat, timidity, the lack of trust.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." -Galatians 6:9

God rejoices in the people who are willing to go all the way for Him. 
It's easy to quit; it takes faith to follow through.

This has really been something God has put on my heart lately. With only 3 weeks left in the semester, my classes are squeezing me for all I have left. Professors are cramming the last of the material, assigning last minute assignments,etc. And what do I want to do? Give up. But the worst thing about it is that I'm using God as an excuse. Instead of putting time into my classes and following through with the task He has set before me as a student, I use the line, "if God wants me to pass, He'll provide the knowledge I need." Now, that is Truth in itself, but not in the way I'm using it. I'm using Him as an excuse not to do my work. That not only shows laziness, but selfishness too. Laziness in the fact that He is giving me ample time to complete the work for my classes, but I'm choosing that time to do other things. Selfishness is seen because I'm putting my desires over that of my priorities. I'm spending time doing what I want to be doing instead of what I should be doing. 

So there you have it. Some call this "spring at JMU," seniors title it "senioritis," but in my case it's the simple fact that I'm giving up on a task God clearly wants me to do well at...not for my sake, but for His glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment