Monday, April 04, 2011

Weakend.

This weekend hit both ends of the spectrum for sure. Roadtripping to Westchester, Pa with Tiff, Genvieve, Erin, and Shannon Marie on Friday included some great conversations, enjoying the voice of our Aussie GPS, and deciding that studying in the car wasn't possible. Saturday was busy. Busy as in there was one break from 3-3:15...haha. But on top of being busy, it was one of the best bonding experiences ever :) I spent give or take 15 hours with my family for the summer (aka my Australia team). Each and every person God has placed on this team has a unique quality/gift that is going to be used so effectively this summer, and I am blessed to say that I get to watch God use them as well as minister alongside of them. Staying up til midnight talking about the amazing things God has done in our lives was such a great glimpse of the awesome conversations to come :)

Sunday, on the other hand...was the other end of the spectrum I referred to. I woke up to Shannon sick as a pup (details will be refrained). And I soon followed... We spent the day together lying in bed from 9am til about 6pm. My first thought would be it was an awful day...but I can't say that. Because well, one, Shannon and I had quite a unique bonding experience to say the least. 

the campground where we stayed

we stayed in the one on the far left...all 6 of us :)

the larger cabins shannon and I spent Sunday in
The ride back wasn't the same without the beautiful Shannon, but blasting Disney music for 4 hours and driving through an amazing lightning storm was pretty awesome.

The cherry on top of this weekend was the Anatomy that followed it. Being completely busy all day Saturday and completely sick all day Sunday...left me no time to study. But this is where God is the man...I took advantage of my professor's office hours Thursday and Friday and have been doing well in lab over the past few weeks. So with only 4 hours to study today before my test, I knew only God would be able to get me through this one. 4 hours may seem like plenty of time to pull off a B or C in most classes, but anatomy is slightly different. Memorizing doesn't quite work...so studying daily is very much encouraged. 

So, here I am. Sitting on my couch, relaxing after a run...feeling confident about my test, excited about my summer, and blessed that I have a God who provides :)

The weather probably played a role in my good mood today as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment