Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eager and Dreaming

These last two weeks have been sooo busy. Studying for finals, taking finals, packing, driving, unpacking. It's been quite an adventure. I'm not even sure what to post about tonight. I don't see it necessary talking about my past two weeks...they're over and done. Maybe this summer? We'll go with that.

Where to start...so far my summer has included unpacking and reorganizing my room/house, spending time with some dearly missed people, substituting as a kindergarten teacher two days this week, and now I'm currently in the process of packing once again to head to the beach with some of my future housemates :) So it's been pretty busy.

Even though all of these things are going on, Australia is still in the forefront of my mind...and I'm hoping that's a good thing. I leave June 29th, a little less than a month and a half. I noticed that I haven't posted about Australia except for when I got accepted to be a part of the team. Not sure how that happened, especially since this trip is one of the main things I've been thinking and praying about since February. So...Australia. The "land down under," known for it's kangaroos, accents, and disgusting Vegemite. A place that is swarming with so much potential (for the gospel). The home of Melbourne, a city full of people who have never even heard of the name Jesus. A location that deserves to be reached, and a home to a team of eager college students for 6 weeks.

Next subject: The team. One word can describe it...awesome. I have never met a group of people and found myself connecting with them so well like I did with my amazing team. Each person has something unique they bring to our team. I seriously cannot wait to spend 6 weeks encouraging, loving and ministering alongside these fine folks.

Having Australia on my mind triggers other thoughts about my future. Ever since January, God has placed missions on my heart. Missions as in not just going on summer project, but making it my career. The more I have been praying about it, the more joy I find in the thought of spending the rest of my life traveling the world in hope that God will use me in a similar way that He used Paul. As a team, we're reading "Through Gates of Splendor" by Elisabeth Elliot and this book has truly opened my eyes to possible future endeavors for me. I've always been passionate about the medical field, and knowing that God has put occupational therapy on my heart for a reason makes medical missions look that much more exciting.

Substitute teaching, eagerly awaiting June 19th, and dreaming of medical missions. 
My current life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment