Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ponder As You Will

Since I've been home, I've been blessed to have been meeting once a week with 2 incredible women. One of which I look to as my biggest role model. The other, one of my best friends as well as my cousin. We met this morning and we ended praying for each other and tears were slowly tickling my cheeks. These women really make me think. Today we looked at Deborah in the book of Judges. What a wonderful and incredibly solid woman! I would recommend any woman to look and study the little we know of Deborah. She may only be mentioned in 2 chapters in the entire Bible, but there is some amazing insight you can gain from learning about who she was. This morning left me pondering a question that I would like to challenge others as well:

"Lord, how do I use my strengths in ways that bring a smile to Your face?"

A quote that I really loved was in our lesson this morning that was really powerful in getting the point across.
"God can used your personal strengths, as well as your role in the home and/or business place, to build unity and point others to Him. Welcome Him to use you for His purposes."

And my favorite from this morning, was actually quoting another huge role model in my life.
"Look for your passions and look at your gifts. Match them up and serve there." -Alan DeFriese

No comments:

Post a Comment