Thursday, June 02, 2011

The Countdown

Seeing that is June 2nd...I have 26 days until I leave for Australia. Whaaa?!?!? I know, I'm stoked too. I'm confident that each and every tough conversation, trying situation and testing of my faith that God has put me through was in preparation for this adventure to the other side of the world. 

Since my time at home is getting shorter and shorter, I figured I would compile a "to do" list before I leave.

1. Spend a day (or two) in Harrisonburg getting my room ready for my return.
    -includes: painting and furnishing
2. Substitute as many days as I can
    -reason: Australia is an expensive place and I plan on buying souvenirs :)

3. Be able to run 6 miles (without stopping)
   -reason: I registered for another half-marathon in September and an 8k 2 days after I get back

4. Visit friends
   -includes: Richmond and Charlottesville

*this next one is questionable -- it all depends on what the artist/my parents think is best*
5. Get tatted
   -what: "I Will Go" written in Greek on the outside of my foot
   -why: great ministering tool, and it's my passion


So there you have it. My "to do" list for the next 26 days. Will they all be completed? I sure hope so. I'm not a person who leaves a list of things without everything being crossed off.

Be praying for Australia. It's been a long journey of calling, prayer, support and trust, not just for me but for my entire team. God is going to do some incredible things in the hearts of those Aussie students this summer :) Just pray that we have the diligence, patience, and wisdom to rely solely on the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit inside of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment