Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Genius

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius."
-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon
 
As easy as that is to read and think you believe it, it's much harder to live out...at least for me. I'm at this point in my life where I see myself "waiting". I'm not saying that I'm in a slump, but I do consider myself in a "waiting process". I'm not sure how long it's going to last, but like de Buffon said "hold on; hold fast; hold out". What I've realized through this season of my life is that waiting looks different for a christian than it does for a non-believer. Waiting, for me, has been most of the productive and growing stages of my life. Over the past year, the Lord has given me so many opportunities to serve and experience things that I don't think I would've done if I wasn't "waiting." And through all of those experiences, growth has been incredible. I have felt my faith strengthen, my hope in the Spirit become more sure, and my love for others has flourished. And none of that credit goes to me. It has been God working His wonders during in this season of 'waiting'. 
 
So how am I "in waiting"? Well, I've been asking the Lord for certain desires and answers that have been on my heart in the last year, and I am waiting for His answer. God, I'm sure of it, has been slowly putting the pieces of the puzzle together during these last several months, and the day He does decide to reveal the answers to me I will see why all of my "waiting" was necessary. 
Christians don't stand still while they wait. They don't stop life and become hopeless, or at least they shouldn't. God tells us to "be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make all your requests known to God." He wants us get the most out of every season of our lives, especially when we are "waiting." Waiting is when we learn more about God's character; it's when we hang on to His every word; it's when we give our desires over to Him.
Waiting is patience. Patience is genius.

3 comments:

  1. "God" is a made up figure used to control the masses by old rich white men. Even if there was a "God", are you arrogant enough to think that he would concern himself with the trivial aspects of your life? Please get help, you are completely brainwashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young Casey,

    Unfortunately I also come with with criticism, but for completely different reasons. I have been following your lovely blog of Christ since it's inception and I am pleased to see that you have made great strides closer towards total submission. However, you're not quite there yet!

    I would like to see more dedication towards saving others as opposed to just yourself. A true soldier of Christ stops at nothing. Instead of spending your days "studying" useless science at college (the bibles the only book you need!), why don't you consider devoting full time to spreading God's word. It seems like that is the direction you are headed. God is speaking, all you must do is listen.

    And in response to Anonymous, I pity you and hope that you can be saved before disintegrating into the depths of Satan's abyss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A soldier in Christ's Army", thank you for your boldness. I truly appreciate the honesty of a fellow Christian. I will take to heart your advice.

    And as for the Anonymous commenter, I would like to echo that of the previous comment. I'm sorry you feel that way about God, but I pray that God will show you that He is in no way a "made up figure", but in fact the best investment that one can make in their life.

    ReplyDelete