Monday, June 20, 2011

Vampires on Monday, Wolves on Tuesday

It has been just a typical Monday...slowly easing myself into this busy last week at home. Waking up to the Lord is truly the best way to start a day. Ever since I've been home for the summer, I've been blessed to meet God on my deck with either a cold or hot cup of coffee (depending on the temperature). For the last 3 years, I have said that I would never live in Smithfield after college. I still hold that thought, but over the last month and a half of being home and spending just about every morning staring out over my big back yard, surrounded by silence has definitely made a mark on my heart.

Since I ran home from church yesterday...haha, yes. That's how small Smithfield is. I took a change of clothes and after teaching Sunday school for the teens, I tied up my sneakers, turned up my ipod and headed home. I'm sure from the looks of it, many people thought that my parents were punishing me. They pulled out in the truck the same time I headed down the road. I'm sure people were thinking, "man, what did she do that they would make her run home?" Nevertheless, yesterday was my long run. 4.25 miles up and down constant hills. It was pretty tough. Who am I kidding, it was really tough. It may have taken me 45 minutes, but I did it. Anyway...that was my long run. Today was rest day :) one of the best days. With that, I took full advantage of "resting" and during the time I would run, I watched a movie instead. Plopped myself right on the couch, kicked back and pushed play to none other than...Twilight. I know, but being completely honest...it was a good pick. I'm currently waiting on my cousin to get home from work so I can borrow the other two.

Continuing on...I headed to town to feed my uncle's dogs while they're at the beach and stopped by the gym on the way home. It was incredibly crowded there that I lost all motivation to try to get in a small workout. So after 30 minutes on the elliptical, I headed home. I did a quick 20 minute leg workout when I got home and for some reason, my endorphins were going crazy after that. I couldn't sit still. That resulted in a washed car...and a washed dog.




What the rest of my day includes...a bike ride with my beautiful neighbors and probably finishing out the Twilight series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment