Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Zone.

Today has been quite different than my non-productive post from the other day. I woke up, fully energized and headed to the gym. In the process of training for the half-marathon, I'm using Hal Higdon's training schedule. Today was supposed to include a 30 minute cross. I walked in the gym...I wasn't feeling like trudging along for 30 minutes on the bike or elliptical, so I headed over to the free weights. Intervals! I turned up my "Philippians 4:13" playlist and grabbed some weights, bosu ball, and 2 steps.


Here's a sneak peak of my playlist:

Pressing On - Relient K
Like a Lion - David Crowder Band
Enough - Jeremy Camp
Awakening - Chris Tomlin
No One is Greater - Aletheia
Jesus Has Saved Us - Arisen
Glory Defined - Building 429
Starry Night - Chris August
Rise and Sing - Fee
The Saving One - Starfield
Dare You To Move - Switchfoot
Rediscover You - Starfield
Love is Here - Tenth Avenue North

That is about half of them, but I encourage you to check them out :) I tend to get so into my music that I unconsciously start singing them out loud at the gym. Today just happened to be the day that someone heard me and said something. From what I've been told about my singing voice, I'm expecting a "hey, could you stop?" or "can you keep it down?" Instead, I got a "hey! I know that song. I love Chris Tomlin!" :) I love divine appointments like that. This huge, macho weight lifting guy comes over and starts talking to me about how God had changed his life, and it all started with him hearing Christian music for the first time. We did continue our reps, but we continued the conversation as well. He had an amazing story of how he came to know the Lord. It was so encouraging to know that there are people out there who are open and EAGER to talk about their faith like he did. So yes, the gym was wonderful this morning. I'm thankful God told me to do intervals this morning instead of staring at a magazine or TV screen while I climb endlessly on the elliptical. If there were no intervals, there would've been no need for me to get "in the zone" (yes, don't joke). Without "the zone", there would've been no music for me to sing to. And then there would've been no conversation.
I left the gym this morning feeling more rejuvenated than usual :)

So I'm home now, cooled off and filled up with a nice banana chocolate smoothie for lunch. And since it's Father's Day weekend...I'm going to go conquer the yard with nothing other than the "Deere". 

I pray that each one of you ask God to give you an opportunity to talk about your faith today. I ask Him every morning during my quiet time, and sometimes I end up looking back on my day and noticing that He did in fact give me the opportunity...but it not always involves words. Being home almost all day, I find that it's hard to share my faith with well, no one. So I find ways to serve my parents and family while they are at work. That's my challenge for you today. 
Share your faith, in words or in actions, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment