Thursday, June 16, 2011

Productive, Not.

Status of my day: LAZY.

I literally have done 3 productive things today.
1. Finished my little "gifts" for my future housemates.
2. Made dinner (in the crockpot)
3. Cleaned the kitchen

My "to-do" list is very disappointed in me. Fortunately for me, I am most productive between 6pm-11pm. What the rest of my day looks like:
Running with a group from my church at a local park. We're meeting at 6:15 and having a short devotional together, then running/walking on our own for 45 minutes, and coming together to close in prayer. This is new on my agenda. First attempt, actually for this training/devo sesh. Several people in my church (including myself) are running the Virginia Beach Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in September, so this is us "training" for it. I love the idea actually, I hope it will last. 

So that's that. I'll then probably meander over to the gym (if I'm not too tired) and do a little strength training. I got a book I ordered in the mail today that I'm super excited about.
It's like Christmas morning...I can't wait to sit down tonight and look through it :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw up a post (and possibly add this to my productivity list). 

God did answer a prayer today which was pretty stinkin' sweet :) My support for Australia had been raised...according to me. But about 3 weeks ago, after I had sent the last of my checks in, I checked my account online and it said I was short $200. Well, that's no good. So I went back and looked through every check and every deposit. I ended up finding the problem. Two $100 checks had never been recieved at the regional office. [Insert Casey slightly freaking out here.] Oh no. I've lost their money. Not good, at all. So for the next week, I emailed back and forth with a CCC director and they said they had never recieved the checks, but they would keep looking. I got an email on Monday saying that they still haven't found the checks and that I needed to contact the people who donated and ask them to see if their checks were deposited. So that was my plan for today, making two phone calls that I really really didn't want to make. So I got up the courage (finally) and signed onto my account to get the phone numbers. I log on, and this is what I see.

Your Ministry Goal
101%
You have received $5,635 of $5,600

What?! So I look, and the checks in fact, had arrived. Wow, God :) And the best part is, I'm over my goal which means that my extra money goes to my team! 12 days left and God provides. And He's not even done yet. I have a few more support checks that I recently recieved and I'm hoping that it will greatly help my team out :)
One last praise: My best friend Emma is full of excitement. Her boyfriend, another good friend of mine, Caleb, just returned home from a month-long mission trip to Tanzania, Africa. So praise that he made it back safely and all the amazing things God used him for and praise that they will soon get to see each other :) Caleb had a blog while he was there, you should check it out. Caleb's blog


No comments:

Post a Comment