Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Bowl Full

 My lunch :)

I've been so inspired to experiment with smoothies, and I follow pbfingers.com on a daily basis. (before you judge, you must visit. You will soon see why I thoroughly enjoy it) 

Homemade peanut butter granola + strawberry banana smoothie bowl = perfect summer day lunch

It's such a healthy, protein-packed meal :) Perfect for following a pretty intense workout at the gym.

More accomplishments of my summer day:
I purchased my first luggage set. Yes, that's right. Because in 13 days :)

The aqua green was out of stock :( So my next choice was salmon of course. Something bright and easy to identify :)

As for the rest of my day, I spent some amazing time with the Lord. I think that's what I love so much about the summer. Sitting on my deck, admiring my beautiful backyard while talking to my Father is the most wonderful feeling. With my parents at work during the day, the house is relatively quiet. I have so much time to study His word, talk to Him (out loud, mostly) and learn more about what and how He wants to do with my future. This morning I opened up to Psalm 16 and verse 5 immediately caught my eye and I somehow just couldn't get passed it.
"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure."
He has planned out my life. I have been assigned a certain purpose for my time here. Trying to change that will just end in disappointment and straying away from my Lord, either in anger, confusion, or even distrust. Knowing my life is securely written out to the full and nothing can change the words on that page is something God needed me to hear today. There are things in my life that I have been fighting against; things I have been desiring, trying to change and make it happen. Well, He's telling me to stop. Put down whatever I think I have to satisfy my desire and to let Him lead me. 
My challenge for you:
What are you fighting to do on your own?
Is it financial problems? A relationship? Singleness? Independence? Security?
Whatever it may be, just stop. Trust that God will take care of it. Live by His word and His word alone and He will not only pull you through, but He will lift you high on His shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment