Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blessed Birthday

Can I just say that my house is incredible? Not the physical building, but the beautiful women that fill it :)

I have never felt more loved and appreciated than I did the last few days. The amazing women of Shiloh decided to throw me a surprise birthday party on Friday night. It was epically awesome. I was completely surprised :) They put so much time and effort into planning it, inviting people, and keeping me oblivious about the entire thing.

I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday. I had lunch with two of my beautiful sisters, had a short (but so sweet) walk with my best friend, went on a relaxing run during which I had great time with the Lord, and then spent time in fellowship with some CRU women on the quad.

And if that wasn't enough, they threw me a little party tonight as well. They made me a delicious cake, my roommate Kfan made homemade chai tea, and they surrounded me with love and affirmation. Two of our neighbors, Gabe and Neal joined the party as well :) And to end the night, I grabbed a helmet and hopped on the back of Gabe's motorcycle and took a little ride through Harrisonburg. It was my first time on a motorcycle and it was sooo FUN! 

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  -Marcel Proust

Logan, Amy, Katie, Laurel, Amanda, Carly and Bethany...I love you all so much and God has truly blessed me with more than I will ever deserve. I cannot thank you enough for everything you've done for me :) You ladies are absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment