Monday, August 29, 2011

Robbed and Restored.

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -Psalm 73:25-26

Flesh is good at deceiving. Satan manupulates it constantly. He fills our heart with anger and bitterness. He takes away love and compassion. He's just plain evil. He's a thief and a liar, the best of them all.

I have been experiencing this robbing of joy. Satan has been attacking the crap out of me lately. One thing after another, he just keeps slipping in the lies and using the perfect bait in attempt to make me grab on. As I was praying this morning, I told God I needed His comfort. I needed Him to show me it was going to be okay. I wanted to know that regardless of the situations going on in my life right now, I was going to prosper and still find joy. God led me straight to Psalm 73 this morning...and in just 2 verses, my hope was renewed. 

My heart is going to fail me on a daily basis. It's going to desire things that the Lord says "no" to, it's going to show resentment to people I love, it's going to produce jealousy against people I admire...all in all, it has the potential of destruction. Remembering that I'm a sinner is the first step to that gift of joy. We are imperfect, sinful beings. Beings that need Jesus on a daily basis. 
God knew our hearts were going to deceive us, that's why He sent Jesus to save us.
My situations right now are hard, especially on top of starting out my junior year and all the other things going on in my life. But I can firmly hold true to the fact that I can do nothing apart from Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment