Sunday, November 13, 2011

25 Hours With Him.


I’m not really sure how to put into words the experience of 25 hour prayer.
Background: 25 hour prayer started Thursday (Nov 10 at 10:30pm) and went until Friday (Nov 11 at 11:30pm).

Exhilarating. Convicting. Enlightening. Powerful. Difficult. Vulnerable. Fruitful. Rewarding. Unifying. Intense. Beautiful. Sanctifying. Encouraging. Sacrificial. Cold. Genuine. Satisfying. Patient. Real. Experimental. Submissive. Passionate. Active. Joyful. Incredible.

God really showed Himself to me through it. I had some legit time with Him. He worked in my heart and brought to surface areas in my life that I had no idea were sinful. I’ve experienced powerful prayer, but this tops it all. For 25 hours, I surrendered my time, my desire for food, and sleep to spend time with Him. The reward was so incredible. He provided the strength and energy I needed to really listen and respond to Him. I could literally write for hours about everything that happened, but I don’t know if that’s necessary. God knows what happened. He knows what went on in my heart. He’s knows the impact He made on each person who came. 

A few things that happened:
Group prayer
Shared testimonies
Praising Jesus while watching the sunrise
Prayer for nonbelievers
Prayer for JMU (CRU, professors, students)
Time in the Word
Discussion about the characteristics of God
LOTS of "hobo coffee" (coffee + hot chocolate mix)
Unity among believers

No comments:

Post a Comment