Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Like A Sheep.

The last 2 weeks have been difficult. I haven't felt close to the Lord at all. I haven't had the desire to spend time with Him. I've been in a rut. God kicked me into 4-drive and told me it's time to get out. 

I have been so overcome with my flesh lately. I have been giving into temptations that I know would have been shielded if I had been saturating my heart in the Word. I have been so selfish and unmotivated in just about every aspect of my life: friendships, work, school, prayer, reading the Word. 

This morning I was flipping through the Psalms and came across the longest one of them all, Psalm 119. My eyes quickly found verse 36, and that's when He did it...He told me it was time to come back.

"Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain."

I want my Groom back. I want to feel loved and "wooed" again. The book of Hosea is a parallel to what I've been going through these last 2 weeks. God won me, He let me stray, He let me experience the emptiness that life is without Him as the center, and He was patiently waiting my return with outstretched arms.

He's way too good for me, but yet, He loves me anyway...a truth that is most difficult to grasp. 

I encourage you with this: If you have found yourself straying from God...go look for Him. He's waiting for you. He won't be upset or disappointed...He'll just be glad you came searching for His love.
Check out Luke 15:11-32 if you have some time.

1 comment:

  1. felt the same way casey!!!!! love the verse! i needed that too <3 neighbs

    ReplyDelete