Monday, December 05, 2011

Distracted.

This is the reason for my lack of posts. I can't put it down and I already have another book of his to read after.

"The personal desolation Christ is experiencing on the cross is what you and I should be experiencing -- but instead, Jesus is bearing it, and bearing it all alone. Why alone? He's alone so that we might never be alone. He cries out to God, 'Why have You forsaken Me?' so that you and I will never have to make a similar cry. He was cut off from His Father so that we can boldly say, 'Nothing shall separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.' He's forsaken so that we might be forgiven."

How powerful is that?

A few posts ago, I shared how I was struggling to find excitement and joy for the Lord. This book has reminded me every day of the gospel that I live for. It puts my heart in a place where I long to praise Jesus on a daily basis. This is one of the best books I've ever read...I highly recommending you giving it a try.

Here is just one of many amazing opinions of C.J. Mahaney's heart for the Lord and how he so beautifully puts it into words for us as readers to embrace: Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment