Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Response Proves Value

My response to God is the result of His value to me.

Sleeping in for those 15 extra minutes instead of getting up to read His Word.
Spending pointless time on Pinterest instead of praying.
Having coffee with close friends (or by myself) instead of being intentional about sharing Jesus with a non-believing friend.
Feeling obligated to take on certain tasks instead of delighting in them.
Being asked to clean the dishes instead of serving my housemates.

I'm guilty of each of these.

"Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart. You will pray to him, and he will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows." -Job 22:21,22,27
Submitting to God means being obedient to His Word. Obedience is taking the initiative with those on campus instead of sipping coffee in the corner of Starbucks with my nose in a book.
Accepting instruction means listening to the Lord. Listening takes patience and quiet time spent with Him in prayer instead of pinning DIY on Pinterest.
Storing up His Words in my heart means reading. Reading means getting up an extra 30 minutes if that's what it takes to find time.

What does the Lord mean to me? Actions produce the answer.

...Convicted. But conviction never goes without repentance. Repentance always ends with remembering the cross. Seeing the cross brings me back to my brokenness and my need for Jesus. And His saving grace brings so much peace to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment