Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Flooded with His Care

I went on a run this afternoon with one of my housemates. We met at our university gym at 4pm to begin our 3.5 mile run around campus. It had gotten pretty cloudy throughout the afternoon, but the forecast was only predicting a 45% chance of rain last time I had checked. The first half of our run was great (granted the majority was all uphill). It wasn't until we got to an intersection with a Hardee's sitting on the corner when I became slightly uncomfortable. Running for about 20 minutes (uphill mostly), I all of a sudden get a huge whiff of fried food. The smell repulsed me. In that instant all I wanted was a big glass of water. I know, my thinking is a little weird, but I was convinced that would help this awful feeling that suddenly came over me. And then it came. The thought hadn't even left my mind when I felt it. I was staring at the hardest part of our run, the .25 miles of a pretty intense incline and He did it. The first drops were slow, but by the time I got half way up the incline, the sidewalk had changed color. The coldness made us run faster. Only half a mile left and we practically sprinted. We end in a tunnel that runs through our campus. And I watched it. He sent the rain. 

You're probably thinking, what the heck are getting at? Again, my thinking is a bit scattered and I know I read into the most infinitesimal things. But to me, it was God caring about me. He knew that the smell of those grease-covered burgers and fries were hindering my run and He fixed it. He brought the rain. He made me forget about the smell and made me run faster for the last mile than I normally would have. He got rid of my hindrance and then did exactly what I needed to finish strong. This is a huge stretch of symbolism...I know. 

A helping hand perfectly timed and not always noticed until we stop and process.
Call me crazy, but I call it Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment