Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday's Journal Entry

I know I posted earlier today, but I thought I'd quickly share what my journal holds for Jan. 29, 2012:

"This morning at Aletheia, Rob Stephens made such an awesome point in regards to trials. God pushes us to produce perseverence. He allows pain so that our joy is more abundant in the end. Training for this half-marathon is getting hard. 6 miles is just about the half way point and it's tough to make yourself run that distance. But knowing that if I run and deal with the pain and difficulty, the finish line of the race will be that much more enjoyable. Just writing and meditating on the end results gives me motivation to go run (something I didn't want to do AT ALL before writing this). In my mind, I often find myself making excuses to put off training. But looking at it on the large scale, that is only hurting me, and the harder it will be to cross that finish line on April 22nd.

Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. -James 1:4

Crossing the finish line knowing I could've done more would be so disappointing. In the same way, Christ urges me to full out for His kingdom so on the day I see Him face to face, I won't wish that I should have done more.

Run with purpose, passion and a desire to persevere. 6 mile run...bring it."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us that suffering always precedes glory. Great post Casey!

    ReplyDelete