Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coffee Date Turned into a Praise Sesh

AUSTRALIA

God is good. He is allowing me to spend 6 weeks of my summer in Melbourne, Australia and spread His name around the college campuses there. Can I just tell you how excited I am? Very. Seriously. Incredibly. Ridiculously. Overly. Hysterically.

How I found out? I was on a coffee date with the beautiful Olivia and I missed a phone call...(I would miss the phone call I've been waiting on for like 2 months) But then, I happen to look down and see an email on my phone, titled "Very Important Summer Project Information". I open it and read..."Congratulations on your acceptance to the Australia: Melbourne Summer Project!" Epic moment. I freaked out just a little.

And you know what made it 10000x better? The crazy awesome support I got today from all of my wonderful friends. Olivia Camp, thanks for sharing the experience of finding out with me, for loading up my Facebook with random information about Australia, and being more excited than I was. Phil Ernst, thanks for be the first person to call me (and sorry for yelling into the phone). Nicole Gilbert, Molly Bell and Kylie Vanlandingham, thanks for being in TDU so there was someone I could tell. Amy Shadron, thanks for being in the suite so there was someone I could yell, hug and jump up and down with. Kristin McGregor, thanks for including me in your Facebook status. Emma Dollings, thanks for celebrating with me over the phone and prophesizing about it by giving me an Australian calendar for Christmas. Logan Cox, thanks for hugging the life out of me when I whispered it in your ear. There are so many more people who have shown me support and love today/tonight, and I'm so thankful that God has surrounded me with amazing people like this. You guys are one of a kind.

So...Australia. Yeah, I'm going (unless the Lord has other plans before then). And I'm stoked. Actually no, I'm blessed. And there's only one person to thank for that...you're the man God. 

Ps. If you would like to learn more about Australia, see my Facebook wall. Olivia Camp did an amazing job at supplying me with infinite amounts of facts and videos. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment