Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Post from the 757

My prayer for my team and I the next 6 weeks:

The boldness to spread the Word of God like Peter and John. 
The eagerness of Paul to save lost souls. 
The devotion of Daniel. 
To be enveloped in prayer like Hannah. 
The trust of Noah in God, despite the persecution and judgment of others.
The fearlessness of Rahab to step out in faith.
The love of Jesus that He displayed on the cross for us.

The team is heading out in a matter of 30 hours from now. I can't believe it's finally here. I've been looking forward to this day/trip since January. The feelings traveling through my crazy mind make up a list that could potentially not have an end. But there is one that I can stick at the top of the list: blessed.

Last night my mom had both sides of my family over for dinner, as a kind of "send off" for my trip. We've had countless meals together, especially since all of my family lives within 20 miles of each other. But last night was different. There was SO much love and encouragement floating around that I found myself a couple of times just walking around aimlessly from person to person in kind of a daze. I had never felt so much love and comfort from my family that I did last night. 
Uncle Scott prepared me well :) He let me wear his "Crocodile Dundee" hat and taught me how to throw a boomerang!

I wasn't expecting it at all, but I was given a few "goodbye/good luck" gifts. There was one in particular that as I was reading the card, I just started crying. If you know me well, you know I'm not the crying type...especially over a gift. It was from my Aunt "Gin" (her real name is Virginia). She wrote me the most sentimental card ever and explained the gift she gave me. It was a book that she was given when she graduated high school. I had never heard of it, but she told me that it was the most circulated book at the time other than the Bible. She further explained how it affected her and it touched my heart in such a wonderful way. 


Tomorrow, I believe is going to be filled with more emotions along the lines of "excited, anxious, ecstatic", which is why I decided to blog today while I'm not completely hyped up. I want to thank everyone for your endless prayers and encouragement so far. This trip has not even happened yet, but it has already impacted my life AND lives of others in a way I know was completely in God's plan. 

I probably won't be blogging again until I get to Australia (aka when I have access to a computer). I will do my best to keep all of my prayer partners/family/friends updated as best as possible. You all know my love for blogging, so it shouldn't be a problem :)


"May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance" -2 Thessalonians 3:5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment